Campo de Rusia
Campo de Rusia is a set of buildings outside Belchite, Aragon, constructed during the Spanish Civil War (1938 ) , initially intended as a military outpost , but ultimately served as housing for civilian personnel. These included Republican families who were rehoused in more appropriate social housing only when they were ‘corrected’, ie embraced the doctrines of the Franco administration. Today the buildings are used as store rooms for animal and agricultural purposes.
Location: Carretera A- 222 towards Lécera and left turn onto a path opposite the Seminary.